As a busy mom with a busy toddler I find that making a home cooked meal, most days, is a challenge in itself. Almost all of Leo’s meals are different from what I cook my husband because, surprise, Leo is a super picky eater. I will admit whenever I have an opportunity to take a short cut with a meal I’ll do it in a heart beat. Why? Because it’s easier. Parenting a toddler is more like controlling a bull in a china closet. That doesn’t leave much time for focusing on creating a home cooked meal if you’re the only one watching your toddler. When I asked to create a recipe using Tyson Crispy Chicken Bites I wanted to create a meal both my husband and I used to enjoy but don’t get to anymore because of time constraints. One of those meals is Chicken Parmesan. Chicken Parmesan takes a lot of work to make from scratch. Work I simply can’t do with a toddler.
Tyson Crispy Chicken Bites are a brand new product exclusively at Sam’s Club. They might seem like nuggets, but don’t be mistaken. These aren’t your typical nuggets. Oh no. These are tender chicken morsels breaded in chickity-chicken breaded goodness. I guess you could call them chicken nuggets for adults, but I think they need their own respective category. It’s definitely a sweeter taste than a regular ol’ chicken nugget but it’s a very restaurant refined taste. Tyson Crispy Chicken Bites remind me of Chick-Fil-A.
Tyson Crispy Chicken Bites are pressure cooked in peanut oil and are hand breaded. Tyson uses all white breast meat for this product. Cooking them is a breeze. You can either pop them in the microwave or bake them in the oven. Either way Tyson makes it easy to take a short cut or two (or three or four if you’re me) when using this product in a recipe. I can think of 10 recipes off the top of my head where I can use Tyson Crispy Chicken Bites in the recipe to cut down time and effort.
The hardest part with Chicken Parmesan is the chicken. With the work of the chicken being cut by 95% thanks to Tyson it makes having this home cooked meal doable in my household. I prefer Chicken Parmesan with pasta so I created my recipe with that in mind. I’m calling my recipe Easy Chicken Parmesan Bites because I’m using Tyson Crispy Chicken Bites. You can view some pictures I took of the recipe creation plus my shopping trip in my Google+ album.
With only 7 ingredients, most stuff I already have in my home, I will be able to make Easy Chicken Parmesan Bites with NEW Tyson Crispy Chicken Bites on a regular basis. I hope you’ll be able to as well. This meal was a hit in my house. The recipe really reminds me of a made from scratch meal without all the fuss. My husband even asked for seconds. Unfortunately I only made enough for two this time. I guess that means I need to get back to cooking… when my son gives me the chance of course. The full recipe is available below.
You can try the new Tyson Crispy Chicken Bites at your local Sam’s Club. Be on the look out for a product demo this May!
What’s your favorite meal short cut? Your secret is safe with me. I promise.
- 4-6 Tyson Crispy Chicken Bites
- 1 1/2 cups Bertolli Organic Tomato Sauce
- 4-6 pieces of mozzarella cheese, sliced into squares
- 1/2 box 14.5oz Barilla Plus Pasta Rotini
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- Lay aluminium foil on a cookie sheet. Place 4-6 Tyson Crispy Chicken Bites on cookie sheet & season with 1-2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning. Set aside.
- On stove top cook pasta to al dente. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil & 1 teaspoon of salt to water for taste.
- Once pasta is cooked to al dente, drain and return to stove top.
- Bake Tyson Crispy Chicken Bites for 15 minutes.
- Pull Tyson Crispy Chicken Bites out of the oven. Carefully place mozzarella cheese slices on each chicken bite. Return chicken bites to the oven until mozzarella cheese is melted.
- Add 1 cup Bertolli Organic Tomato Bertolli Organic Tomato Sauce to cooked pasta. Stir.
- Plate pasta. Add Tyson Crispy Chicken Bites.
- Use remaining Bertolli Organic Tomato Sauce to drizzle on Tyson Crispy Chicken Bites
- (Optional) Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese
- Marinara sauce can substitute tomato sauce. Aluminium foil is optional, but helps with clean up.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® and Tyson. #cbias #SocialFabric #MealsTogether. All thoughts & opinions expressed are of my own and may differ from yours.