Did you know you can make meat for your tacos and burritos in the crock pot? It’s very easy! This recipe is inspired by Savvy Saving Couple’s Melt In Your Mouth Slow Cooker Taco Meat recipe. The best part about using a crock pot is there is a definite difference in texture. Instead of using ground beef I use ground turkey. Here’s what you’ll need:
Crock Pot Turkey Taco Meat
- 3lbs Ground Turkey
- 3 packets Taco Seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can Black Beans
- Optional: 1 poblano pepper, diced as thin as possible.
1. Place all ingredients in your crock pot. Set your crock pot to high.
2. Cook for 4 hours, periodically mixing the meat mixture.
3. Drain meat mixture of desired.
4. Wait until cooled off and then serve!
Crock pot turkey taco meat can be served as a taco, in a burrito, a sandwich, or even for nachos. You can easily make more or less in advanced. It’s also perfect to reheat the next day after. This recipe can be adjusted to the amount of meat you are using. For example if you used 1 & a half ground turkey reduce the amount of taco seasoning packets to 1 and a half, a half a can of diced tomatoes, and a half a can of black beans.
Let me know if you try out this recipe and what your thoughts are on it.