These are the best Brownies I’ve ever made. They are gooey and chocolatey. The secret ingredient? Cherry Cola. I’ve used soda in baked goods before and have had wonderful results. I wanted to see what would happen if I substituted the water with Cherry Cola. The results were amazing. The inspiration for this recipe is based off of a Betty Crocker Cola Brownie Recipe.
Chocolatey Cherry Cola Brownies
1 Package Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
1/2 Cup Oil
1/4 Cherry Cola
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray your pan with cooking spray (I like Baker’s Joy). For today’s recipe I used an 8 x 8 pan.
2. In a bowl mix 1 package of Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix, 2 Eggs, 1/2 Cup Oil, 1/4 cup Cherry Cola, 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder, and 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar.
3. Mix ingredients together. Either 50 strokes with a spoon or on low speed with a hand mixer will get you a thick but not bumpy batter. Pour into Brownie mix into your pan you selected.
4. Bake the Brownies as directed on back of page. When Brownies are fully cooked take out the oven and let cool.
5. When Brownies are completely cooled frost with Cherry Frosting.
6. Serve and enjoy!
The only thing I wish I could have done differently was cut them a little better. I prefer baking cookies and cupcakes over Brownies because they are much easier to serve. After perfecting these Chocolatey Cherry Cola Brownies however I will be making Brownies more often.