A couple of months ago I finally made the switch from Regular Yogurt to Greek Yogurt. If you are like I was a couple of months ago and haven’t made the jump to Greek Yogurt just quite yet I’ll tell you a couple reasons why you should:
- Greek yogurt is much creamier than regular yogurt. This is caused by Greek yogurt being strained multiple times to achieve it’s thickness.
- Greek yogurt has twice the protein of regular yogurt. Combine that with the creaminess and for those wanting to manage their weight you’ll feel fuller much longer.
- Although Greek yogurt has less calcium than regular yogurt, Greek Yogurt DOES have fewer carbohydrates & less sodium. Greek yogurt is perfect low carb dieters, diabetics, and people looking to lower their blood pressure.
- Greek yogurt does not curdle like regular yogurt which means it can be used in cooking.
- In addition to everything I’ve listed you’ll still get the other great benefits such as probiotics and other health benefits.
When you switch to Greek Yogurt you should sample various brands to find your favorite. I’ve found based on what I’ve sampled so far each brand is different. My current favorite is Chobani.
Chobani was founded in 2005 when CEO and Founder Hamdi Ulukaya purchased a yogurt plant. After perfecting their recipe Chobani was seen in store shelves in 2007 in New York stores. Fast forward to today and Chobani is not only America’s #1 selling yogurt, Chobani is available in Australia & Canada, and created a line of Chobani Yogurt just for kids.
Chobani became my favorite because of the wide variety of flavors available. In a world where everything seems to be processed you won’t find artificial flavors or preservatives in Chobani. In addition to being 95% lactose free, the milk made from cows used in Chobani are not treated with rSBT. Are you on a Gluten free or Kosher diet? Chobani is Gluten Free and Kosher certified! Chobani also believes in giving back: 10% of their profits go to charities worldwide. I get a fuzzy feeling each time I eat Chobani.
The texture in Greek Yogurt is so smooth and creamy. Greek Yogurt is so thick you can tilt your spoon without the yogurt running off like regular yogurt. I have to show you how exactly thick Greek yogurt really is. Chobani is truly a hearty snack or meal.
If you’re unsure of what you can exactly make with Greek yogurt look no further than the Chobani Kitchen.I’m personally going to try Chobani’s Smashed Potato and Broccoli recipe for my stepson. I’m blown away by what you can make with Greek Yogurt. Who could have known yogurt could be used for almost everything?
If you want a great experience with Greek Yogurt try Chobani. You will not be disappointed. Chobani is sold all over the US in major retailers.