I don’t exactly fit into the “mommy blogger” niche. A couple days ago I had a conversation with a friend about some topics that fit into the “Geek” stereotype. Then the conversation shifted into my fear of sharing these likes with my readers. I’m a Geek. I’ve always been Geek. I’ve been living as a closet geek for a few years now. I was even afraid of sharing this with my husband. It turns out he is a bigger Geek than me. But you know what? I need to share with you 19 reasons I’m a geek and why it’s ok. I hope you, my readers, are too. My inner Geek influences everything I do at The Miracle Momma. For example: I designed my blog. I even coded it.
1. I have an obsession with technology.
2. I use to watch anime. A lot.
3. I regularly watch Doctor Who. David Tenant is STILL my favorite Doctor.
4. I’m a Trekkie.
5. I can code websites in notepad.
6. I’ve had debates with friends on the best plan of action in case of a zombie apocalypse.
7. During my brief stint in college I played YuGiOh. Believe in the heart of the cards!
8. Going to a convention and cosplaying is on my bucket list.
9. I want to meet J.J. Abrahams and Joss Wheadon.
10. I regularly watch Felicia Day’s “The Guild.”
11. Dungeons and Dragons is pretty cool.
12. I avoid MMORPGs because of how easily addicted I can. Don’t talk to me about WoW or Ragnarok Online.
13. When I’m not busy collecting all things Hello Kitty I have a love for Domo-Kun & Nyan Cat.
14. I memorized Pi to the 79th place. Before you make fun of me: I won a pizza for my entire team back at summer camp years ago.
15. I use to work in technical support, and I’m actually pretty good at it.
16. I can build a computer.
17. I wish there was a remake of Final Fantasy 7 where Aerith lived.
18. Before the tornado I had a library of Manga.
19. I play old school 8-bit video games.
Being a Geek is part of who I am. I may not be into Lord of the Rings, C++, or Star Wars but I have my fair share of quirkiness. It makes me who I am: I shouldn’t be afraid to share that. I hope I can lead my son by example that it’s ok to be who you are. After all it’s what makes you.. well.. YOU.
Now that I think about it I guess I do fit into the mommy blogger niche. Why? Because there are so many different types of mommy bloggers out there. Being a mommy blogger isn’t just something that’s tied up neatly with a bow. We have all had our trials and tribulations. That’s what makes us unique. That’s what brings returning readers everyday.
I’d love to know if any of my readers out there are closet geeks. Maybe we can have a LAN party together some day. Or not.